Kathmandu Valley is full of cultural and historical sites that are worth visiting. Here are some of the popular sights to see:
- Kathmandu Durbar Square: This historic palace complex in the heart of Kathmandu is home to several temples and shrines, including the Hanuman Dhoka Palace, Taleju Temple, and Kumari Ghar (home of the Living Goddess).
- Swayambhunath Stupa: Also known as the Monkey Temple, this Buddhist stupa sits atop a hill and offers panoramic views of the city. It’s surrounded by several smaller shrines and temples.
- Pashupatinath Temple: This Hindu temple complex is one of the most sacred sites in Nepal. It’s dedicated to Lord Shiva and features several temples, ashrams, and ghats (cremation sites) along the banks of the Bagmati River.
- Boudhanath Stupa: This is one of the largest stupas in the world and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. It’s a major pilgrimage site for Buddhists and features several monasteries and shops selling traditional Tibetan handicrafts.
- Patan Durbar Square: Located in the city of Lalitpur (Patan), this historic palace complex features several temples and shrines, including the Krishna Temple, Jagannath Temple, and Taleju Bell.
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square: This palace complex in the city of Bhaktapur is home to several temples and shrines, including the Nyatapola Temple (five-story pagoda), Bhairava Nath Temple, and Dattatreya Temple.
- National Museum of Nepal: Located in Kathmandu, this museum features exhibits on Nepalese art, culture, and history, including bronze and stone sculptures, paintings, and textiles.
Book or Enquiry